Ever since I printed plain no-bake cheesecake, I’ve had requests for this taste! This no-bake pumpkin cheesecake is clean and creamy with additional spiced taste. It sits in a crunchy gingersnap cookie crust that gives the very best textural distinction to the fluffy mousse-like filling. There’s completely no oven required– the dessert units up within the fridge, making it a handy make-ahead choice this fall season.
There aren’t many seasonal desserts that prime pumpkin pie. A dessert custom this time of yr, pumpkin pie contains a clean spiced filling sitting in a splendidly flaky pie crust. It’s onerous to compete with this type of perfection.
However I discovered one thing that comes shockingly shut. Let me introduce you to no-bake pumpkin cheesecake. A recipe that skips the oven, says goodbye to pie crust, and waves toodaloo to any kind of cheesecake water bathtub. (See ya!) It tastes like cheesecake mousse with the deeply spiced taste of pumpkin pie. Sitting in a flavorful gingersnap cookie crust, this extremely creamy dessert is unforgettable. In case you don’t fall in love, I’ll fortunately take your leftovers.
Why You’ll Love No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- Texture– crunchy crust, mild & creamy filling
- Taste– cinnamon gingersnap crust and pumpkin spiced filling
- Ease– no water bathtub, no baking, no cheesecake cracks on prime, no worries
- Comfort– save valuable oven area for different dishes
- Make-ahead– filling units and taste tastes higher
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Video Tutorial
Gingersnap Cookie Crust
With extra taste and crunch than a graham cracker crust, a gingersnap cookie crust isn’t simply there within the background. As an alternative, it’s an entire different layer to savor. You want gingersnap cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. To make this crust a minimize above the remainder, I recommend including cinnamon and ginger too. That is precisely how I put together the crust for my (baked) pumpkin swirl cheesecake, although you want just a little extra of every ingredient for this recipe.
Three Success Ideas:
- Sort of cookie: The kind of gingersnap cookie you utilize will make or break the recipe. (Actually.) I’ve by no means had luck utilizing selfmade gingersnaps. Choose up a field/bag of store-bought gingersnaps, corresponding to Stauffer’s model. You’ll find them within the cookie aisle of most grocery shops. You need additional crunchy, onerous, and considerably dry cookies. In the event that they’re too moist, your crust received’t arrange.
- Pack it in: The tighter you pack on this crust, the much less possible it should crumble when chopping the cheesecake. I like to recommend utilizing the underside of a measuring cup to pack it into the underside and up the edges of your springform pan.
- Briefly freeze to set the crust: After you pack within the crust, place it within the freezer when you put together the cheesecake filling. Keep in mind, we aren’t baking this crust– the freezer offers the crust an opportunity to set earlier than you add the filling on prime.
Don’t wish to use gingersnap cookies? Use the graham cracker crust from my plain no-bake cheesecake.
Overview: Tips on how to Make No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- Whip heavy cream: Within the 1st bowl, beat heavy cream/heavy whipping cream into stiff peaks. That is a very powerful step on this complete recipe and *the key* to a thick no-bake cheesecake filling.
- Combine the opposite filling components collectively: In a 2nd bowl, you want cream cheese, canned pumpkin, confectioners’ sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, spices, and salt. In my recipe testing, I used my plain no-bake cheesecake as the place to begin. Pumpkin thins the combination out, so I needed to play with the quantity of cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. Thrilled with the developed recipe beneath– spiced, thickened, and completely pumpkin-y.
- Fold within the whipped cream: Keep in mind our whipped cream? Gently fold it into the pumpkin cream cheese combination. Keep away from over-mixing as a result of we don’t wish to deflate something.
- Unfold into crust: Clean the filling into the crust. I like utilizing a big or small offset spatula to make the job simpler.
- Refrigerate: As an alternative of the oven, use the fridge to set this cheesecake. Cowl and refrigerate the ready cheesecake for at the very least Eight hours or as much as 2 days.
Pictured on the left beneath: the whipped cream. On the best beneath: the pumpkin cream cheese combination.
Pictured on the left beneath: the whipped cream and pumpkin cream cheese combination mixed. On the best beneath: unfold into our gingersnap cookie crust.
With No Baking, How Does This Cheesecake Maintain Its Form?
- Be sure you pack the crust in tightly.
- As I point out above, a very powerful ingredient is the whipped heavy cream. Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin cheesecake filling gently so that you don’t deflate all of the air. The air creates a deliciously fluffy mousse-like consistency and, extra importantly, helps the filling set within the fridge.
- For a clear and durable slices, refrigerate it for at the very least Eight hours, however 12+ hours is good. Not solely does the time within the fridge solidify the filling, it additionally offers the flavors an opportunity to combine and mingle. Taste is unimaginable the subsequent day.
Skip these Three steps and also you’ll be consuming pumpkin soup for dessert. Keep away from that mess!
Smaller Serving Options
- For 24 cupcake dimension no-bake pumpkin cheesecakes, use the crust and filling components beneath and the directions for my mini no-bake cheesecakes. Be at liberty to halve the recipe for those who don’t want fairly as many.
- You need to use this recipe to make 6 8-ounce or 10 6-ounce cheesecake jars. Halve the crust recipe beneath as a result of we don’t want as a lot crust for the jar dessert. Use the total recipe for the filling. Comply with the directions for my no-bake cheesecake jars. Prime with salted caramel, chocolate ganache, heath bar toffee bits, or extra gingersnap cookie crumbs.
This fluffy no-bake pumpkin cheesecake sits in a crunchy gingersnap crust. Crucial steps are whipping the heavy cream into stiff peaks earlier than folding into the filling and refrigerating the cheesecake lengthy sufficient so it might set.
Gingersnap Cookie Crust
- 2 cups (200g) gingersnap cookie crumbs*
- 1/Four teaspoon every: floor ginger and floor cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/Four cup (50g) granulated sugar or brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup (240ml) chilly heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- two 8-ounce blocks (450g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (227g) pumpkin puree*
- 3/Four cup (90g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/Four cup (50g) packed mild or darkish brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- half of teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/Eight teaspoon salt
- Make the crust: Stir the gingersnap crust components collectively. Pour right into a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan and pack in very tightly. The tighter it’s packed, the much less possible it should crumble when chopping the cheesecake. I like to recommend utilizing the underside of a measuring cup to pack it into the underside and up the edges. You’ll be able to watch me do that within the video above. Freeze for 10-20 minutes as you put together the filling.
- Make the filling: Utilizing a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the chilly heavy cream into stiff peaks on medium-high velocity, about 4-5 minutes. Put aside.
- Utilizing a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium velocity till completely clean and creamy. Scrape down the edges and up the underside of the bowl with a rubber spatula as wanted. Add the pumpkin, confectioners’ sugar, and brown sugar and beat on medium-high velocity till mixed. Scrape down the edges and up the underside of the bowl as wanted to assist mix. Add the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt and beat till mixed, creamy, and clean. Make certain there aren’t any giant lumps of cream cheese. If there are lumps, hold beating till clean.
- Utilizing your mixer on low velocity or a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling till mixed. This takes a number of turns of your rubber spatula. Mix slowly as you don’t wish to deflate all of the air within the whipped cream.
- Take away crust from the freezer and unfold filling into crust. Use an offset spatula to clean down the highest.
- Cowl tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at the very least Eight hours and as much as 2 days. For finest outcomes, at the very least 12 hours is finest. I chill mine in a single day. The longer refrigerated, the nicer the no-bake cheesecake will arrange. I don’t suggest utilizing the freezer to set this cheesecake filling.
- Use a knife to loosen the chilled cheesecake from the rim of the springform pan, then take away the rim. Utilizing a clear sharp knife, minimize into slices for serving. For neat slices, wipe the knife clear between every slice.
- Serve cheesecake with non-compulsory toppings. I used Ateco 849 piping tip for the whipped cream within the pictured cheesecake. Cowl and retailer leftover cheesecake within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Make Forward Directions: This cheesecake will be made 1-2 days prematurely. It may be refrigerated in step 5 for as much as 2 days earlier than serving. You can too make the crust 1-2 days forward of time. Freeze for as much as 1 hour in step 1, then cowl tightly and refrigerate for 1-2 days earlier than including the filling. One other strategy to make this cheesecake forward of time is to freeze it. After it units within the fridge (step 6), wrap the entire pan (you possibly can take away the edges if desired) in 1 layer of plastic wrap, then 1 layer of aluminum foil. No-bake cheesecake freezes splendidly for as much as Three months. Thaw within the fridge, then slice and serve.
- Gingersnap Cookies: Retailer-bought gingersnap cookies are best as they’re essentially the most dry. The ONLY model that I’ve had points with is the Nabisco gingersnap cookies. They’re scrumptious on their very own, however they’re too moist for a gingersnap cookie crust. I like Stauffer’s model. You want about 30. Alternatively, you should utilize the graham cracker crust from my common no bake cheesecake as an alternative. Be at liberty so as to add or cut back the quantity of cinnamon and ginger primarily based in your style choice.
- Pumpkin: I strongly suggest canned pumpkin, not contemporary (selfmade) pumpkin puree on this recipe. I like to make use of Libby’s model. Contemporary pumpkin puree will stop the cheesecake from correctly setting. Don’t use pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: As an alternative of ready pumpkin pie spice, you should utilize half of teaspoon every of floor nutmeg, floor ginger, floor cloves, and floor allspice. (Use the half of teaspoon floor cinnamon, too.)
- Can I Make Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes? Sure, use this crust and filling recipe and comply with the directions in my mini no bake cheesecakes, that are made in a regular muffin pan.
Key phrases: no bake, cheesecake, pumpkin cheesecake
Tips on how to Be part of the November Sally’s Baking Problem
Make the No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe. You may make the massive cheesecake or both smaller variation detailed above the recipe. This recipe kicks off Sally’s Pie Week, an annual custom the place I share a number of pie recipes in a row. Since pumpkin has been onerous to seek out this season (or for those who’re not into this recipe), there are a number of alternate problem recipes you can also make as an alternative:
- Any earlier problem recipe OR
- Any recipe from this yr’s Sally’s Pie Week— a brand new recipe will publish on daily basis tomorrow (Monday) by means of Friday. Verify the Pie Week web page or join my day by day e mail listing so that you’re alerted as quickly as a brand new Sally’s Pie Week recipe publishes.
After you make the cheesecake or alternate recipe, e mail me your recipe photograph. For a bonus entry, depart a evaluate on the recipe beneath!
By emailing your recipe photograph to us, you might be routinely entered within the baking problem for the $250 Amazon reward card prize. We hold observe of your photographs and randomly choose 1 winner on the finish of the month. The problem is open to the entire world. Problem ends on November 29th 2020 at 5pm ET. The winner will likely be chosen at random and posted within the December Baking Problem weblog submit on November 30th 2020.