This Syn Free asparagus soup tastes rich and creamy, but is made without cream. It’s Slimming World friendly, filling, and made only with vegetables, broth, and spices.
Spring is (finally) just around the corner. Is it me or did this winter last forever? Lockdown didn’t help, but I need to get out and about and start creating lots of fresh light recipes that everyone can enjoy. With the new season comes a new harvest of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Asparagus has to be the most iconic vegetable of the season.
I know you love my soup recipes, so I recommend taking advantage of this seasonal harvest and enjoying its glorious taste in a delicious, world-friendly asparagus soup for weight loss.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST ASPARAGUS SOUP?
- Creamy and yet cream-free !!
- Full of taste
- Made with fast food
- Tasty and filling
- Syn free
- Suitable for warming up
- Light and tasty
- Perfect for batch cooking
Is this soup suitable for reheating?
Absolutely … let cool before storing in airtight containers. Put in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 2 months. Thaw before reheating.
Heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or stir on the hob until hot.
IS THIS RECIPE WORLD-FRIENDLY?
Absolutely, it’s made with speed foods and syn-free ingredients. It’s perfect for filling up and not feeling the guilt!
Syn Free asparagus soup
Losing weight from World Syns: ZEROWeight Watchers Points: Coming soonCalories: 155 per serving
- 350 g Asparagus tips [stalks chopped and kept, woody ends discarded, tips kept too]
- ½ onion [Diced]
- 2 Garlic cloves [Crushed]
- 2 Handful of spinach [Shredded]
- 700 ml Vegetable broth [Made with 2 stock cubes]
- 2 tbsp Fat-free Greek style or plain yogurt
- prize Ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Spray a pan with low-calorie cooking spray and fry the asparagus tips over medium heat for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a piece of kitchen roll.
- Add the onion, asparagus spears and garlic and cook with 100 ml of your vegetable stock for 5-10 minutes until they are soft but still light.
- Stir in the spinach, pour over the rest of the broth, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Flash with a hand blender, season with black pepper and stir in the yogurt. Heat for another minute and place in bowls and decorate with the tips!