Everything you love about a deluxe pizza without all of the syns. With flavors such as pepperoni, beef, onions and lots of cheese in a child-friendly Slimming World-compatible pasta recipe, ready in 55 minutes. What is there not to love ?!
I am a big pizza fan !! And my family, they love pizza too, but luckily they love pasta too … so why not combine both in one healthy, slimming dish?
Once combined, you have the most delicious pasta, full of pizza flavor and lots of delicious, crunchy cheese. This delicious and filling recipe is sure to impress the whole family and certainly won’t break the syns!
WHY IS THIS THE BEST SPICY PIZZA PASTA?
- Low syn
- Perfect for the whole family
- Healthier alternative to pizza
- Rich and full of flavor
Is this recipe suitable for rewarming?
- This recipe can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- This is not suitable for freezing.
IS THIS RECIPE WORLD-FRIENDLY?
Absolutely … just allow 2 Syns for the pepperoni and 1 Healthy Extra-A for the cheese that is used per serving.
For these calorie counters, that’s only 420 calories per serving.
DO NOT MISS ANY RECIPE. SIGN UP FOR EMAILS BELOW.
Low Syn Spicy Pizza Pasta
Losing weight from World Syns: 2 Syns and 1 healthy Extra A per servingWeight Watchers Points: Coming soonCalories: 420 per serving
- 50 g Hot peppers [Sliced] (7 views)
- 150 g Lean 5% ground beef
- 1 Fresh red chillies [De-seeded, sliced thinly]
- 300 g Dried pasta of your choice
- 1 Big onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 2 Garlic cloves [Peeled, Crushed]
- 1 Red pepper [De-seeded, finely chopped]
- 3 Large mushrooms (optional) [Finely Sliced]
- 1 (400 g) Pewter chopped tomatoes [Italian Syle]
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 200 g Passed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- ½ tsp basil
- Low-fat cooking spray (Frylight)
- 140 g Reduced fat mozzarella [Crumbled] (2 x he-a)
- 80 g Low fat cheddar cheese [Grated] (2 x he-a)
Bring a large pan of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente (still firm, but edible). Drain well and set aside.
In a small bowl, knead the minced meat, red chillies and black pepper together with your hands.
Spray a large pan with low-fat cooking spray, bring to medium heat and add the ground beef. Cook until brown and then place on a few pieces of kitchen roll to drain.
In the same pan, add half a can of chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic, paprika, basil and salt. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms, tomato paste, passata, and the rest of the chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered, until most of the water has reduced.
Preheat the oven to 200c / 180c fan / gas 6
Add the pasta and minced meat to the mixture and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Put half of the pasta mixture in a baking dish, pour the mozzarella and half of the peppers on top, layer the rest of the pasta mixture over it and top with grated cheddar cheese and the remaining hot peppers.
Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Did you create this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram with the tag @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.