Sunken eyes are the first signs of aging. The area under your eyes is slightly puffy and red from stressed nerves. Some other factors like stress, lack of sleep, insomnia, and anxiety heatstroke can cause a sunken eye. Lack of natural fluids or dehydration can also trigger cavities under your eyelid.
Dark circle is one of the most common sunken eye side effects or symptoms. Women trying to get rid of this unhealthy condition can go several ways. For example, one of the easiest ways to get rid of sunken eyes naturally is by moisturizing yourself with plenty of fluids.
Poor diet and addiction to junk food can also lead to this condition. Such unhealthy foods lead to indigestion and our stomach is a major cause of many diseases. If you have an upset stomach or indigestion, you are likely to show some signs on your face.
But what if I tell you there are natural ways to fix sunken eyes at home?
Yes, you don’t need to take any prescription drugs or see a doctor – you can cure and prevent this condition ugly dark circles from occurring in the first place.
Try these home remedies for sunken eyes that actually work.
1. Raw potato juice for sunken eyes
Raw potato juice is one of the best sunken eye remedies that is also effective in treating eye pain. Most people try getting their hands on water fruits like cucumber to prevent swelling of the skin under their eyes. However, raw potato juice is effective enough to treat pain under the eyelids and dark circles under the eyes.
- Peel a raw potato and soak it in chilled water for 30 minutes.
- Chop them into thick slices and place them on the affected area.
- Alternatively, you can apply it directly to your cavity.
- Leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
- Repeat several times a day until your condition improves.
2. Cucumber for sunken eyes
Similar to raw potatoes, cucumber is fortified with skin rejuvenating liquid that can help you treat sunken eyes quickly. It is widely believed in the cosmetics industry that applying cucumber slices to stressed eyes can provide relief and reduce puffiness (if any).
Topical application of this watery fruit can reduce stress, tiredness, and fatigue of cavities. Placing it over the affected area has a calming effect that reduces stress on the nerves of the eye and leads to faster healing.
- Wash your face with cold water before using this remedy.
- Place thick slices of cucumber over your closed eye.
- Keep it on for 20-30 minutes and then rinse your face.
- Morning and evening hours are the best times to use this home remedy for sunken eyes.
- Repeat this remedy for a few days until your condition improves.
3. Go to sleep
Many women and men suffer from sunken eyes because they don’t sleep well. There may be nothing wrong with your health, but you may not be sleeping well. A sound sleep is one of the most refreshing remedies for fatigue, anxiety and stress.
The idea of not getting up from bed sounds lucrative, doesn’t it?
Patients with insomnia often complain of a hollow feeling under the eyelid. Studies have shown that a person should sleep (undisturbed) about 8 hours a day to stay active.
4. Sandalwood for sunken eyes
Sandalwood has skin nourishing and moisturizing properties that can help you get rid of sunken eyes. It is an effective home remedy for eye pain to help prevent dark circles and other signs of aging.
Thanks to its skin rejuvenating properties, many cultures and Ayurvedic medicines have used this herb to reduce the complexion of the skin. Its use is known for reducing eye and dark circles under the eyes.
- Take a tablespoon of sandalwood powder and mix abundantly with rose water to make a thick paste.
- Apply it directly to hollow areas.
- Leave it on until it becomes naturally dry.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Alternatively, you can use the essential oil.
- Just make sure that no oil gets in your eye.
- Use this remedy several times a day until you feel better.
5. Olive oil for sunken eyes
Due to the high amount of antioxidants in olive oil, using it in your diet can prevent oxidative degeneration of the skin and protect it from the damage caused by aging. Topical applications of olive oil are also helpful for reducing stress and treating eye pain.
When applied to your dark or hollow spots, it replenishes skin cells and pigments with vitamin E and antioxidants. These sudden hydration and nourishment can reverse the damage to the skin and help you feel better.
- Soak a cotton ball in pure virgin olive oil.
- Dab it under your lower eyelid and gently apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it on for several hours.
- Use it before bed and keep it overnight for best results.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day until the skin darkness fades.
6. Put soothing tea bags on sunken eyes
Do you know why people in South Asia increase their tea consumption in cold weather?
It can increase blood flow to our body and help replenish lost nutrients due to inclement weather. Putting tea bags over the affected area can cure sunken eyes at home.
The tannin in tea is one of the natural antibiotics that can protect your eyes from infection. It works wonders during an infection like pink eye or Conjunctivitis.
- Put two tea bags in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes and then take it out.
- Wring out any excess water and let the temperature cool down.
- Place this tea bag on your closed eye for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy three times a day to get rid of sunken eyes quickly.
7. Almond oil for sunken eyes
The cavity under your eyes is caused by moisture loss and dryness. Applying almond oil to the affected area nourishes the skin and treats dryness caused by sunken eyes.
It contains antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin K, and other important nutrients that help keep skin cells’ pigments hydrated. They have rejuvenating properties, which is very helpful in such a state.
Eating almonds also helps strengthen your brain function which protects them from cellular degeneration. As a result, you are protected from insomnia and other medical conditions that can lead to this situation.
- First, splash your face with cold water.
- Pad dry and sit under a fan for 2 minutes.
- Now apply the almond oil to the skin right under your eyes.
- Massage the area in the circuit for 2 minutes with a gentle pressure massage.
- Also include almonds in your diet.
- Repeat this home remedy for sunken eyes twice a day for the best result.
8. Cold compression for sunken eyes
Not sleeping well or experiencing psychological stress can deplete your brain, the side effects of which appear on the face in the form of dark circles, puffy eyes, and more.
Cold compresses have a calming effect on our skin. It stimulates blood circulation, relieves eye stress, and helps treat sunken eyes.
When using a cold compress remedy, it gives your brain some mild socks that are effective enough to wake them up. Insomnia patients can really benefit from a cold compress to relieve stress caused by lack of sleep.
- You will need a clean cotton cloth and a bowl of chilled water.
- Soak the cloth in water and wring out any excess water.
- Place it over your face – so that it covers your eyes and forehead.
- Keep it until the coolness is in the cloth.
- Repeat this several times in a row to instantly improve your skin health.
- Cold compresses also increase the healing rate of degenerated pigment cells.
9. Fish oil for sunken eyes
Fish oil is one of the best sources of skin rejuvenating nutrients that can help slow the signs of aging. Omega fatty acids contained in fish oil are very helpful and essential for a healthy pH value in the various layers of the skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can be a remedy for sunken eyes.
- You need pure fish oil capsules.
- Open a capsule and apply the oil directly to the affected area.
- Alternatively, you can break one of these and mix it with the same amount of olive oil.
- Apply it gently under the skin of the eyes to promote quick healing.
- Use this method twice a day to remove dark skin under your eye.
10. Drink water to prevent dehydration
Dehydration is a leading cause of sunken eyes in both men and women. So drink plenty of water to make your skin healthy again. A high amount of clear fluids will also keep your body clean of organic waste. As a result, it protects our dermis in so many ways.
Here are some additional sunken eye tips you might like:
- Do eye exercises to reduce pigment build-up.
- Dancing eyes are one of the best exercises for reducing the stress caused by the eyeballs. Move your eyeball from left to right and vice versa.
- Splash cold water on your face and close your eyelids and squeeze your eyes for 5 seconds. Repeat 5 times, then rotate your eyeball in circular motions 10 times.
- After washing your face in cold water, place your index fingers over closed eyelids and massage them gently in circular motions.
This is one of the best tips and home remedies that can help with sunken eyes. Make sure you drink plenty of water and sleep at least 8 hours a day.