READER QUESTION: “Feeling frustrated. I think I’m taking my 4th bottle of MucosaCalm and I’m still bleeding heavily and mucus (2 three times a day and 3 in bed). I took the Natren probiotics, but it seemed to make things worse. I switched back to VSL3 probiotics and things have calmed down a bit. I tried the healing enema kit for about a week and I tried a probiotic enema. The probiotic enema tripled the amount of mucus in each BM. I guess I did pretty sensitive to these, which is weird because I took them a while before Natren. Anyway – I don’t know what to do. That flare was almost a year ago and I’m just exhausted from it. I’ll be going anyway for now go on with it and pray that it will get better. “
So when I read an email like this there are some things we can brainstorm / troubleshoot because for the number of physical things she’s doing here she should surely see more improvement! Let’s take a look at the possibilities and see if we can determine why it isn’t healing faster. And of course, you can apply the exact same explorations to your own healing journey!
1. The first thing I would do is check the timing of the supplements to make sure they are not interfering with each other. And also make sure she’s not ingesting anything (perhaps hidden in one of her supplements) that causes bleeding – like betaine HCL. I KNOW how difficult it can be to create your supplement plan, so here are some helpful resources:
Confusing Supplement Plan – HELP!
Confusing Supplement Plan – 4 Simplifying Tips
Before & after examples of supplementation plans
2. Keep in mind that she must eat a completely liquid diet and lie down horizontally until her bleeding stops – while doing the Healing Implant Enema and Jini’s Wild Oregano Oil Protocol. She could try the whole foods shakes and bone broths first. But if that doesn’t provide enough bowel rest, then she probably needs the IBD remission diet.
3. If she hasn’t done Jini’s Wild Oregano Oil Protocol, this would be my first recommendation. It can take a long time to see the results from probiotics on their own, and she also needs a potent anti-pathogen to kill all of the evils in her gut.
4. She doesn’t mention whether she also uses drugs. Many drugs directly counteract the effects of these healing protocols. For example, both birth control pills and steroids make it very difficult for good bacteria to colonize the intestines.
5. Your top, main stressor and disease element may not be physical! She needs to look closely at her emotional and spiritual situation. If her body spoke for her higher self, what would it say? What would be the message your body is trying to convey? Maybe she has to change a relationship, change job / career, move somewhere else, etc. And unless she listens to her gut instinct and implements her inner guidance, her body will not heal!
6. Is she using mind-body therapy at the same time – in which the emotional is integrated with the physical tissue of the body? Long-term illnesses like these need the support of talented health professionals. MY favorite therapy that integrates mind / body / soul is lazer tapping! After a 10 session package with an EFT tapping therapist changed my life, I completed the training to become an EFT tapping practitioner in 2010, physically, mentally) erasing.
I started the Lazer Tapping course because I had been looking for a course or workshop for years to refer my friends and readers … a way to gain access to this super powerful healing technique for yourself. Without having to pay a therapist $ 150 every time they needed help. And I could never find this course so I created it! I encourage you to come and see me here for a free session.
7. Does she give herself time and space to heal? Or is she also working full time, taking care of family, parents, etc., or going to school or something that requires a lot of time and energy? It takes a lot of energy to heal! See point 2 above – how is blood supposed to clot (let alone heal) if you don’t lie down and take the gravity off the tissues?
What is their limit – is they even aware of how they are sabotaging their own body / healing by not being able to say no or stand up for themselves and so on? Again, there are frequent saboteurs that people with chronic diseases are prone to, so these need to be investigated and released / transformed.
8. Is she sure the blood is coming from her large intestine and not from hemorrhoids (internal or external) or her rectum? Maybe she has an anal fissure or proctitis? These would require different treatments – but all targeted the rectum area, not the colon.
9. Maybe she’s only doing one or two things at a time? Holistic, natural healing can be greatly increased and accelerated through the use of the synergistic power of numerous healing protocols carried out at the same time. ANY of the ideas above is unlikely to affect healing, but if she does diet supplements, bowel rest, mind / body healing (for example), sets good boundaries, gets plenty of peace and quiet, and out of a toxic way of life she may find her Healing is progressing rapidly!
Recall, your body is ALWAYS committed to you. So if you don’t heal there is a valid reason for it and you must keep looking until you find it.
Originally posted in 2017. Last updated September 2021.
Jini Patel Thompson is an internationally recognized expert in naturopathic treatments for digestive diseases. She healed herself from the widespread Crohn’s disease and has been drug and surgery free for over 20 years. Appeared on numerous podcast, television and radio shows in the US, UK, Canada and Australia, Jini gives people hope and visions on how to cure colitis, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in all natural methods. Her books on natural digestive disease cures have been sold in over 80 countries around the world.